We Provide Psychological Evaluations and Psychiatric Care for:
- Anxiety and Depression
- Mood Disorders
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Thought Disorders
- Traumatic Experience
- Child and Adolescent Behavior Problems
- Early Childhood and Learning Disabilities
The Christian Approach to Psychiatric Care
What makes Christian psychiatric care different from care offered by secular groups? Essentially, the difference is our holistic approach to healing, including that which goes beyond what you can see within the confines of science. As created beings with spirits and souls, sometimes issues that affect our mental health can be spiritual in nature. At Tacoma Christian Counseling, we use God-given wisdom to discern what is causing your symptoms, so we can work towards finding lasting solutions. We pull from all reliable sources including medical knowledge of how the brain functions as well as Biblical-based guidance, faith, and prayer to create a plan of treatment for healing and growth in Christ. Whatever brought you here, we offer you a place of safety and compassion where you can get the help you need.
Christian psychiatric care includes:
- Faith-based perspectives – For psychiatric care to be most effective, you need professionals who not only have an understanding of how the brain works but also know that spiritual battles can play a role in your mental health. At Tacoma Christian Counseling, we offer professional advice and treatment using science-based knowledge and faith-based principles to help you form a healthy, happy life in Christ Jesus.
- Respect for your values and concerns – We understand the need in the Christian community for psychiatric care that respects faith-based beliefs and concerns. Our hope is to work with you and with Christ to find solutions that offer peace of mind.
- A compassionate, grace-based approach – Struggling with mental health concerns is trying enough without worrying about being judged or mislabeled. We offer you a secure place where you can get the support you need for making informed decisions about your health and treatment options.
- Trusted psychiatric evaluations, treatment, and medication management – Tacoma Christian Counseling provides a non-judgmental space for people of all ages and concerns to get the help they need including reliable psychological evaluations and trusted medication management.
Why Tacoma Christian Counseling?
Helping you make informed choices without judgment or fear. That’s what we’re about at Tacoma Christian Counseling!
According to the National Alliance of Mental Illness, nearly 60% of adults with mental illness don’t get the treatment they need, and the same is true for almost 50% of youth aged 8-15.1 At Tacoma Christian Counseling, we hope to provide education and trusted faith-based care so people feel safe in getting the help they desperately need. No matter how minor or severe your symptoms might seem, we encourage you to come in a talk with us. You might find that we have just what you need for lasting relief.
With us, you’ll get:
- Education about your treatment options including the risks and benefits in a safe, professional environment.
- Help from Christian professionals who encourage your values while providing a compassionate place for healing and growth.
- Direction for understanding your specific struggles and what your options are for treatment.